25 Free Things to do in Rome, Italy
Tradition says, if you throw a coin over your shoulder into the fountain, you'll come back to Rome again someday.
2. Be awed by the Oculus of the Pantheon and pay respects to Raphael while you're there.
3. See the Vatican Museum without paying for a ticket.
Go on the last Sunday of every month before 1:30 pm
4. Wander under the swinging chandeliers of Rome's fanciest church - Santa Maria in Ara Coeli.
The Trevi Fountain, Rome
5. Stroll along the Tiber river and catch Triumps and Laments before fades away.
6. Take a lap around Circo Massimo and imagine what it must have been like for the chariot racers of days gone by.
7. Climb to the Pincio Terrace for sweeping views of Rome.
8. Visit the manicured gardens behind Palazzo Barberini.
St. Peter's Square, Vatican
9. Take a walk in Villa Borghese.
10. Take a breather on the Spanish Steps and revel in Roman piazza life.
11. Hike up the Gianicolo hill to see all of Rome from above Trastevere.
12. Get splashed in Pizza Navona by hanging out next to Berlini's stunning Fountain of the Four Rivers.
The Forum, Rome
13. Wander through the pretty Piazza della Pietra to admire Hadrian's Temple.
14. Get Romantic by visiting the skull of St. Valentine.
15. Catch the Pope's blessing every Wednesday in St. Peter's Square.
16. Take an evening walk down viale dei Fori Imperiali.
17. Bask in the gold gilf mosaics of Santa Maria di Trastevere.
18. See Michelangelo's Pieta in St. Peter's Basilica.
19. Take a hike in Villa Ada, Rome's second largest park that is both scenic and quiet.
20. Find Bernini's cheeky elephant statue.
21. Hop from corner to corner to see all four fountains on Via delle Quatro Fontaine.
22. Take an evening walk down Viale dei Fori Imperiali.
23. Walk up to the first level of the Vittoriane for an elevated view of the Colosseum.
24. Visit Ponte and Castel Saint Angelo.
25. Fill up your water bottle at a traditional nasoni fountain which flow freely throughtout the city.
The area around Fori Imperiali
Stroll across Ponte Sisto and take a seat in Piazza Trilussa for some quiet people watching.
20 Free Things to do in Las Vegas
20 Free Things to do in Singapore
If you are planning of going to see the Vatican Museum, we recommend you book your ticket online and "Skip the line" as it could get crazy busy. We were there early June and it took as more than three hours waiting and queing to get inside.
WHAT'S ON TUMBLR?
JOIN US ON PINTEREST